Monday, June 30, 2008

Me (Again): Surfer Room

I've got a backlog of wonderful rooms to post from other people. I don't know how Gollum does it -- it takes forever to upload all those pictures from RMS. And I'm not even adding any glitter and unicorns! So, my hat's off to her! I just don't have that kind of time! But I promise, I'll get to them soon! And speaking of RMS, I just looked at a few comments on there: WHAT IS UP WITH THESE PEOPLE?!?! There is some considerable anger and rude behavior on that site. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!! Who knew decorating brought out such hostility? No such nastiness here, just my gentle, rambling, run-on sentences.....

In the meantime, here's a project I just finished. I donated my time for this as a fundraiser for my kids' school, so I made approximately zero dollars on this one. What's cool about this particular project is that Desiree (Desid) helped me (ALOT) with this one. She's really a much better artist than I am; and I'm not just saying that -- she really is.

6 comments:

Bridget said...

This turned out so fantastic. You and Des are quite a team. The dynamic duo of wall murals! If I had a son, I would have to try to recreate this. Of course mine would turn out horrible and then I would be regretting that decision. I'd just have to fly you out to Cali to paint it for me.

katdish said...

Bridget,

Let's just pretend that you do have a son, and then you can fly me out to CA!

Buffie said...

Oh wow! Cool room!!! What talent omg!!!

artis1111 said...

Great work Kat. I kknow what you mean about RMS. It isn't fun any more.Not sence they told me to burn my house down. I do not think the show had these people in mind when the th some of the comments left for the show aren't knd, Glad to see more art from you, Kathy

katdish said...

THEY TOLD YOU TO BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN?!? There are some seriously disturbed people out there! Don't they moderate comments anymore? I'll post your pics here if that's okay with you!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is such an awesome room! I would love to put this up on the fence around the pool but I am not that talented. You truely are very talented! Wonderful space I love it! Sandi